Date and time:
The walk will depart from the Hill of Tara at 9:00am sharp on Saturday 26 August. Estimated time of arrival on the Hill of Slane is 4:30pm with conclusion of pilgrimage by 5:00pm.
Getting to and from:
Participants may wish to “team up” by leaving one car at Slane and another at Tara. Alternatively, you might arrange for a family member or friend to leave you at Tara and collect you later at Slane.
More information from the sacristies, the Parish Office and the Parish Bookshop.
We will celebrate Mass in Slane parish hall at 3:00pm approx.
- A completed registration form [available for download here] must be returned to the Parish Office not later than Thursday 24 August 2017.
- Participants should be in good health and know that they are capable of walking 15 miles (24 kms).
- Proper walking footwear is essential. Keep an eye on the weather forecast to determine whether raingear will be required.
- Participants should bring their own packed lunch. The pilgrimage will break for lunch at Beauparc Church.
- Participants should also bring an adequate supply of water for the day.
N.B. there are NO shops along the way until we reach the village of Slane!
Photos from the 2016 Bealach an tSolais are available here.